Wednesday, December 29, 2004

blogs and me

I am a high tech techie and the ease of using these pages here to put down a few words really amaze me. Wow, this thing is real cool! In the tech world, most of us believe that the best things in life come terribly complicated - like girls, for instance. Now some of you might fume that I have put them in the category of "things". Well, er, I found no other categories at this point of time and you can make a black mark on my moral character for such a drastic omission.

I have seen a couple of great blogs out here and honestly some of them give me a complex. Yea, not the one you thought about - it is a superiority complext that I got! So armed with my vocabs I crammed in for a never-to-do GRE exam and other such junk inherited from college days, I decided to come in and write a few words for those of you who have nothing better to do in life except read this kind of junk.

So this blog is my intro into the blogspace and I wish to subtly introduce myself through these pages, in course of time. No 1200 word intro (yea, I found that in my profile) would do for me - I can write a book about myself! So I left my intro in the profile blank and let the blogs do the talking. What were the blog guys thinking when they thought someone could intro themselves in just 1200 words. It is nothing short of a major blasphemy. :) Besides, my astrological forecast for this week said I would do something momentous related to "writing, publishing and stuff". So here I am, all set to prove astrology right and its critics wrong (thats my intention at least, not sure how things would turn out). Another pleasure in writing these words is that I am doing it during office hours, and that is getting paid to write these kind of stuff. Writers would definitely envy me.

Now that you have read upto this point through the pig pile, I guess I can give a brief intro. I am an engineer with a big time MNC now. Yea, I intentionally left saying working with them because I dont work. You can see that right away. That gives me a lot of time to browse the web, muse on how to spend time in creative ways (of course blogs are not one of them!) and stuff. Currently I am in a small sweet town in Illinois, US for a short assignment. Fate has landed me in a place where I wished to come by my own - University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. Of course, anyone can walk into the campus - but getting in there for an MS in computer science is something which only the mighty brained IIT-ians would dare to think about. So indirectly I came into the same precincts as my more exalted contemporaries have landed.

My unwillingness to work is not because of laziness that affects people of my sign (libra). Nope. Far from it. I feel I am under-employed. In other words, I am just! an engineer when I should have been high in the echelons of power - say, the CEO. So these small jobs dont merit my calibre or time. That means you can expect to see more blogs of mine in and around this place.

I intend to put more and more of my lively life into these pages in the days to come. Someday, when the stars are really in favour, I might publish a book out of those. Incidentally, I have a series of articles and thoughts I have made on my college REC Rourkela, Orissa, India. These days it is called NIT, as if changing the name would make a difference. I will take those articles and put it here in a abridged format. Unless of course many of you protest loudly. Initially when I started putting my thoughts into words, I got a lot of requests - but I continued anyways!

So here is my first blog for all of you to bark on!

The Khan.

No comments: